While shopping for windows for your San Diego home, there’s a good chance you’ll hear about vinyl windows and their many benefits. Vinyl windows are currently the most widely-purchased window material on the market, despite only being around for a few decades. While vinyl windows certainly have a strong fan base, you may still be wondering if the can really benefit your home and if they’re worth the investment. To help you determine if vinyl windows are the right fit for you, we’ve put together the ultimate vinyl window cheat sheet.
• When vinyl windows first hit the market, it was rare to find them in a color other than white. However since the material has grown in popularity, many manufacturers have begun to offer vinyl windows in a number of styles and colors.
• Vinyl windows were originally introduced in the 1970’s as a more cost-effective option on the market. While the material has increased in popularity, it has remained one of the most economic options on available.
• The primary ingredient in vinyl windows is a material called PVC, which is commonly found in household pipes.
• Vinyl windows are remarkably weather resistant, which helps reduce the chance of drafts forming, as well as the necessity to repair annual weather damage.
• Vinyl windows are considered one of the lowest maintenance materials on the market. While other materials require annual peeling, sanding, painting and staining, vinyl windows only require the occasional cleaning with soap and water.
• Vinyl windows are the perfect windows to help protect your home. Thanks to their thick double-and triple paned glass, your home is less likely to fall victim to break ins.
• Recent real estate reports have found that homes with vinyl windows sell at a higher price than those without. In fact, homeowners can expect up to an 80% return on the original cost of their windows once their home has sold.
• Some quality vinyl windows come with strong UV-blocking technology that dramatically reduces the sun related damage to furniture, fabrics and wood floors.
• Vinyl windows are an ideal choice for homeowners looking to block out some exterior noise. Thanks to their thick double- and triple- paned glass, homeowners can finally enjoy some peace and quiet.
• Many vinyl windows have a slightly blueish tint that comes as a result of a chemical added during their manufacturing process to increase energy efficiency. However, some manufacturers have begun to add blue dye to their window to create the same effect.
While vinyl windows offer a wide variety of benefits to homeowners, it’s important to select a quality window model to receive their full value. At Pelican Window Replacement our team will gladly introduce you to our wide variety of vinyl windows San Diego models while answering any questions you may have regarding this popular material. If you would like to view our selection or simply speak with one of our window experts give us a call at (760) 598-6433 or visit our showroom floor located at 2210 La Mira Dr. Vista, CA 92081.